Tom Daley's blue cheese scones
- Serves: 9
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- Tom’s delicious savoury scones combine British blue cheese with fresh spring onions, which are then topped with a generous spoonful of herby egg mayo. These are perfect served with a cuppa for a celebratory afternoon tea.
- 200g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp caster sugar
- 75g cold unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- 75g blue cheese, crumbled
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 75ml whole milk
- 1 large British Lion egg
- Ingredients for the egg mayonnaise:
- 3 large British Lion eggs
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 small bunch mixed herbs (such as parsley, chives and dill), finely chopped
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Apple and chocolate crisp pancakes
Treat yourself to these deliciously indulgent Apple and Chocolate Crisp pancakes .
Raisin and cinnamon eggy bread
A delicious dessert that all the family will enjoy.
Warm lentil and egg salad
Perfect for refuelling this meal provides high amounts of both carbohydrate and protein needed for speeding glycogen recovery and...