Egg and avocado sandwich
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 5mins
Enjoy this egg and avocado open sandwich. It's easy to make.
- 2 medium British Lion eggs
- 1/2 ripe avocado, stoned and skinned
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander leaves
- a squeeze of fresh lime
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large or 2 small slices sour dough bread or rye bread
- Place the eggs in a medium pan of cold water. Place on the hob and slowly bring to the boil. When boiling begins simmer for 5 1/2 minutes.
- Drain the eggs, rinse in cold water and tap the shells all over, leave to cool. when cold, peel away the shells. Slice the eggs.
- Whilst the eggs cook, use a fork to roughly mash the avocado. Scoop into a bowl, add half the coriander, then add lime, chilli flakes and salt and pepper to taste.
- Toast bread (if using sourdough), then spread over the avocado. Top with the sliced egg and finish with a few more coriander leaves.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: