Egg and avocado sandwich
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 5 mins
Enjoy this egg and avocado open sandwich. It's easy to make.
- 2 medium British Lion eggs
- 1/2 ripe avocado, stoned and skinned
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander leaves
- a squeeze of fresh lime
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large or 2 small slices sour dough bread or rye bread
- Place the eggs in a medium pan of cold water. Place on the hob and slowly bring to the boil. When boiling begins simmer for 5 1/2 minutes.
- Drain the eggs, rinse in cold water and tap the shells all over, leave to cool. when cold, peel away the shells. Slice the eggs.
- Whilst the eggs cook, use a fork to roughly mash the avocado. Scoop into a bowl, add half the coriander, then add lime, chilli flakes and salt and pepper to taste.
- Toast bread (if using sourdough), then spread over the avocado. Top with the sliced egg and finish with a few more coriander leaves.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Warm lentil and egg salad
Perfect for refuelling this meal provides high amounts of both carbohydrate and protein needed for speeding glycogen recovery and...
Autumnal Egg Salad
This salad makes the perfect healthy lunch to take to work!
A warm salad perfect for summer eating.