Smashed egg pitta with slaw
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- 150g red, white or green cabbage, shredded
- 4 medium British Lion eggs
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 large carrot, grated or cut with a julienne peeler
- ½ red onion, finely sliced
- 2 tsp sumac, optional
- 1 chilli, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 tbsp coriander, chopped
- 2 large white pittas
1. In a mixing bowl, mix half the oil with the carrot, cabbage, onion and sumac (if using). Mix well and season with salt and pepper. Set aside for 10 minutes.
2. Heat the remaining oil in a large non-stick frying pan, add the garlic and chilli and cook over a medium heat for 2 minutes until garlic is softened but not browned. Crack in the eggs and turn up the heat. Leave for a minute until the eggs are about half set, then give them a little stir and allow to set for a few more seconds. Repeat once more until you have nicely golden chunks of fried egg.
3. Toast the pitta and split open. Stuff with the slaw and eggs, and scatter with coriander.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: