Autumnal Egg Salad
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 25 mins
This salad makes the perfect healthy lunch to take to work!
- 4 medium British Lion eggs, quartered
- 200g baby carrots, sliced in half lengthways
- 200g small beetroot, peeled and quartered
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 x 250g pouch of ready to eat grains
- 75g feta, crumbled
- A small handful dill, fronds picked
- Preheat the oven to 220C/200C Fan/Gas Mark 7. Place the carrots and beetroot onto a baking tray, scatter over the cumin seeds, season and drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil. Toss well to coat. Roast in the oven for 25 minutes, until soft and golden.
- Meanwhile, bring a medium saucepan of water to the boil and add the eggs. Bring back up to a simmer and simmer the eggs for 8 minutes. Drain the eggs and cool briefly under cold running water, until cool enough to handle. Peel the eggs and chop into quarters.
- Make the dressing by whisking together the remaining olive oil, cider vinegar, wholegrain mustard along with some seasoning. Cook the grains according to the pack instructions.
- Place the roasted vegetables onto a serving platter, add the grains and pour over the dressing. Toss well to combine.
- Top the vegetables with the quartered eggs, scatter over feta and dill.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Warm lentil and egg salad
Perfect for refuelling this meal provides high amounts of both carbohydrate and protein needed for speeding glycogen recovery and...
Egg ricotta and spinach Easter pie
Based on the classic Italian Torta Pasqualina, we’ve made things easy with crispy filo pastry. You can add extra...
Egg and avocado sandwich
Enjoy this egg and avocado open sandwich. It's easy to make.