Egg and tomato pitta pockets
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 7mins
A great lunch recipe which takes just minutes to make.
- 3 large British Lion eggs
- 2 tbsp low fat mayonnaise
- 1 tomato, deseeded and chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 wholemeal pitta bread
- Place the eggs in a medium pan of cold water. Place on the hob and slowly bring to the boil. When boiling simmer for 7 mins. Then drain, rinse in cold water and tap the shells all over, leave to cool.
- When cold peel away the shells. Roughly chop the eggs and mix with the mayonnaise, tomatoes and seasoning. Cut each pitta bread in half, then use a knife to create a pocket in each half. Divide the egg mixture between the pitta pockets. Wrap in greaseproof paper and chill until required.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Boiled egg chicken salad
Perfect sharing lunch dish for you and your friends. Sweet and sour chicken takes the good old egg salad...
Kale salad with avocado and boiled egg
It’s green and its delicious! This salad will give you an energy boost for the rest of the day.
Chickpea and poached egg salad
This is an easy and nutritious salad that can be prepared quickly and makes an excellent lunch!
Autumnal Egg Salad
This salad makes the perfect healthy lunch to take to work!