Spiced egg, roasted cauliflower and chick pea salad
- 500g cauliflower florets
- 1 large red onion, cut into chunks
- 1 large red pepper cut into chunks
- 1 (400g) can chick peas, drained well
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 6 medium Lion Quality eggs
- 1 (100g) bag baby spinach
- 4 tbsp Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 220oC/Fan 200oC/Gas 7 . Take large roasting tin ( you want everything to be in a single layer), add the cauliflower, onion, pepper, chick peas and oil and toss to mix.
- In a small bowl, mix together all the spices with a little salt and pepper - reserve 1/2 tsp for garnish, sprinkle the rest over the vegetables in the baking tray.
- Toss until they are evenly coated in the spices. Bake for 25 minutes or until the vegetables are tender and golden around the edges - stir a couple of time to ensure even cooking.
- Whilst he vegetables cook, put the eggs in a small pan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil, then simmer uncovered for 6 minutes - the water needs to be bubbling.
- Drain the eggs, and run them under cold water, tapping the shells as they cool. Once cold enough to handle peel and discard the shells. Cut the eggs in half and leave to cool.
- Place all the dressing ingredients together in a bowl and mix together with a fork.
- Remove the vegetables from the oven, add the spinach leaves and half the dressing and mix well the spinach leaves will wilt. Heap the warm salad onto a large serving dish. Top with the eggs, drizzle over the remaining dressing and the reserved spices. Serve warm or cold.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Boiled egg chicken salad
Perfect sharing lunch dish for you and your friends. Sweet and sour chicken takes the good old egg salad...
Kale salad with avocado and boiled egg
It’s green and its delicious! This salad will give you an energy boost for the rest of the day.
Chickpea and poached egg salad
This is an easy and nutritious salad that can be prepared quickly and makes an excellent lunch!
Autumnal Egg Salad
This salad makes the perfect healthy lunch to take to work!