Parma ham bruschetta
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 6mins
Parma ham bruschetta is perfect for that special brunch or lunch.
- 1 large British Lion egg
- 2 thick slices ciabatta bread weighing total 50g/2oz
- 5ml/1 tsp olive oil
- 1 large tomato, seeded and diced
- 15ml/1 tbsp snipped fresh basil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 slice Parma ham, halved
- handful fresh rocket leaves
- 15ml/1 tbsp virtually fat free vinaigrette style dressing
- Place the egg in a small pan of cold water. Bring slowly to the boil, then cook for 6 mins. Drain, rinse in cold water, tap the shell all over and remove. Slice the egg.
- Brush both sides of the bread with the oil and cook under a hot grill until golden and crisp on both sides. Mix the tomato and basil with plenty of seasoning.
- Divide the tomato between the bread slices, top each with the ham and eggs. Top with a handful of fresh rocket. Finally drizzle a little dressing over each. Serve immediately.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
An indulgent breakfast, brunch or lunch.
Tomato and cucumber boiled egg salad
You'll love this easy but tasty recipe that works as a starter or light lunch.
Smoked mackerel scrambled eggs
A deliciously different recipe. Quick and easy to prepare, this scramble makes a perfect brunch or lunch.