Parma ham bruschetta
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 6 mins
Parma ham bruschetta is perfect for that special brunch or lunch.
- 1 large British Lion egg
- 2 thick slices ciabatta bread weighing total 50g/2oz
- 5ml/1 tsp olive oil
- 1 large tomato, seeded and diced
- 15ml/1 tbsp snipped fresh basil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 slice Parma ham, halved
- handful fresh rocket leaves
- 15ml/1 tbsp virtually fat free vinaigrette style dressing
- Place the egg in a small pan of cold water. Bring slowly to the boil, then cook for 6 mins. Drain, rinse in cold water, tap the shell all over and remove. Slice the egg.
- Brush both sides of the bread with the oil and cook under a hot grill until golden and crisp on both sides. Mix the tomato and basil with plenty of seasoning.
- Divide the tomato between the bread slices, top each with the ham and eggs. Top with a handful of fresh rocket. Finally drizzle a little dressing over each. Serve immediately.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
An indulgent breakfast, brunch or lunch.
Boiled egg chicken salad
Perfect sharing lunch dish for you and your friends. Sweet and sour chicken takes the good old egg salad...
Smoked mackerel scrambled eggs
A deliciously different recipe. Quick and easy to prepare, this scramble makes a perfect brunch or lunch.
Kale salad with avocado and boiled egg
It’s green and its delicious! This salad will give you an energy boost for the rest of the day.