Egg and avocado tortilla wraps
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 7mins
A refreshing change from sandwiches, this tortilla wrap with eggs and avocado will ensure a tasty vegetarian lunch.
- 4 large British Lion eggs
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 45ml/3tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 avocado
- juice of half a lime
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 4 tbsp soured cream
- Place the eggs in a small pan of cold water. Bring slowly to the boil, then cook for 7 mins. Drain, rinse in cold water, tap the shell all over and remove. Slice the eggs.
- Mix the tomatoes, onion and coriander together with seasoning. Peel, stone and slice the avocado then toss the slices in the lime juice.
- Lay the flour tortillas out on the work surface, spread a spoonful of soured cream over each, then divide the tomato mixture, eggs and avocado evenly between the tortillas.
- To roll up the tortillas, fold over two of the edges, then start at a non-folded edge and roll up the tortillas enclosing the filling. Place seam side down. Eat straight away or wrap for up to 3 hours before serving.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
An indulgent breakfast, brunch or lunch.
Kale salad with avocado and boiled egg
It’s green and its delicious! This salad will give you an energy boost for the rest of the day.
MOB Kitchen's Vietnamese herb omelette
A soft egg omelette inspired by Vietnamese cafes stuffed with prawns, spring onions and tonne of herbs. An incredibly...
Chickpea and poached egg salad
This is an easy and nutritious salad that can be prepared quickly and makes an excellent lunch!