No bread burritos – healthy one-pot
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 12mins
- ¼ red onion, finely chopped
- 1 beef tomato, finely chopped
- 1 chilli, finely chopped
- 2 ripe avocados, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 6 pickled jalapeno slices, chopped
- 250g cooked brown rice
- 6 large British Lion eggs
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1 tin kidney beans, washed and drained
- Coriander, sour cream and a wedge of lime to serve (optional)
For the filling
- Place the onion, chilli, and tomato in a bowl. Season and mix well.
- Add the avocados to the bowl, squeeze over the lime and mix well.
- In a separate bowl mix the rice, beans and chopped tomatoes with the jalapeno slices.
For the burritos
- Beat the eggs and parsley together and season.
- Heat some oil in a frying pan and add about one quarter of the mix to the pan. Cook the mixture flat, like a tortilla, for 2-3 minutes (it should cook through, if not flip and cook for two more minutes).
- Remove the egg ‘tortilla’ from the pan and store on a plate. Repeat to make three more.
- Lay out the ‘tortillas’ and top with the rice mixture and guacamole.
- Roll up and serve with chopped coriander, sour cream, and lime wedges.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Rhiannon Lambert's tomato, courgette and pepper shakshuka
Registered Nutritionist, Rhiannon Lambert, has created a Tomato, courgette, and pepper shakshuka which is perfect for sharing and means...