- Serves: 12
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
These tempting muffins won't last long once the family get their hands on them.
- 225g/8oz plain flour
- 25g/1oz cocoa powder
- 5ml/1 tsp baking powder
- 2.5ml/1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 150g/5oz caster sugar
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 large British Lion eggs, beaten
- 60ml/4tbsp sunflower oil
- To decorate:
- 50g white or plain chocolate or half of each
- chocolate eggs to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 200C/Fan 180C/Gas Mark 6. Line a twelve hole muffin tin with paper cases.
- Sift the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Mash the bananas on a plate; beat the eggs together with the oil. Tip into the dry ingredients and beat lightly.
- Divide the mixture between the muffin cases. Bake for 20-25 mins until risen and firm to the touch. Leave to cool for 5 mins before cooling on a wire rack.
- Melt the chocolate and drizzle over the top of the muffins. Decorate with chocolate easter eggs if liked.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Easter cake with orange & marzipan
Here’s something for the adults - if you’re looking for something a little different to the traditional Simnel cake...
Simnel apricot and pecan cake
An Easter tradition, Simnel cake has been made for hundreds of years.
Easter chocolate torte
Chocoholics will love this decadent chocolate torte which will satisfy even the sweetest tooth out there. Just like our...
Easter egg cakes
These delicious Easter egg cakes taste great - too good to be left until Easter!