Lemony hot cross pudding
- Serves: 6
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 25 mins
A zesty take on a classic, our lemony hot cross pudding has just the right amount of sweetness, perfectly complimented by the sourness from the lemons.
- 5 medium British Lion eggs
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 4 tbsp lemon curd
- 4 tbsp caster sugar
- 150ml single cream
- 200ml milk
- 4 hot cross buns
- 2 tsp Demerara sugar
- Preheat the oven to 200C / Fan 180C / Gas Mark 6. In a large jug, beat the eggs, lemon zest, lemon curd and sugar together until smooth. Add single cream and milk and mix well.
- Slice the hot cross buns vertically. Place all the end pieces over the base of a 1.2 ltr shallow ovenproof dish. Neatly arrange the other slices on top, then drizzle over the lemon juice.
- Pour the egg mixture over the sliced buns, then use a fork to lightly press the bread so that it soaks up the custard mix. Leave to stand for 5 minutes.
- Place the dish in a roasting tin, then pour boiling water from a kettle around the dish to come halfway up the outside. Scatter the Demerara sugar on top of the pudding then bake for 25 minutes or until set with a slight wobble and the top is golden.
- Remove from the roasting tin and serve warm with a little more cream poured over.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Easter chocolate torte
Chocoholics will love this decadent chocolate torte which will satisfy even the sweetest tooth out there. Just like our...
Easter egg cakes
These delicious Easter egg cakes taste great - too good to be left until Easter!
Passion Cake is a delightful dessert that combines the earthy flavours of carrots and walnuts with the warmth of...
Easter egg biscuits
This is another fun recipe you can make with the kids, getting them involved in the kitchen and excited...