Little lemon tarts
- Serves: 12
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
These little lemon tarts might have an Easter theme but they taste delicious all year round.
- 250g ready to roll shortcrust pastry
- 30ml/6 tsp lemon curd
- 100g/4oz curd or full fat soft cheese
- 2 large British Lion eggs
- 75g caster sugar
- zest of half a lemon
- 75g/3oz plain flour
- a little milk
- icing sugar to dust
- Preheat the oven to 200C/Fan 180C/Gas Mark 6. Unroll the pastry on a floured surface then use a 7.5cm/3in fluted round cutter to press out 12 circles of pastry. reserve the pastry scraps. Press the circles into the base of a 12 hole patty tin. Prick the bases lightly with a fork. Place half a teaspoon of lemon curd in the base of each tart.
- Place the cheese, eggs, sugar, lemon zest and plain flour together in a large bowl and beat together until smooth. Divide the mixture between the pastry cases.
- Re-roll the remaining pastry scraps on a floured surface and cut into 1cm wide strips. Brush these with a little milk then place a cross of pastry on top of each tart. Brush with more milk. Bake for 20-25 mins or until the tops are golden brown. Leave to cool before serving. Once made these will keep fresh for 2-3 days in an airtight container.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Easter eggy bread
An egg-cellent recipe to rustle up this Easter . Use up your hot cross buns for the eggy bread...
Hot cross buns with cherry & walnut
A variation of this classic Easter recipe , which will impress.
Lemony hot cross pudding
A zesty take on a classic, our lemony hot cross pudding has just the right amount of sweetness, perfectly...
Hot cross buns recipe
Hot cross buns - a classic Easter recipe you can now enjoy at any time. Learn how to make...