Mini Easter pavlova
- Serves: 10
- Prep: 20mins
- Cook: 45mins
- 3 British Lion eggs whites
- 140g caster sugar
- 1 tsp corn flour
- ½ tsp white wine or cider vinegar
- 350g half fat crème fraiche or Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or paste
- 2 ripe bananas, sliced
- 300g mixed berries, sliced if large
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 200ml skimmed milk
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- Heat oven to Mark 2/150C/130C fan. Line 2 baking trays with baking parchment.
- In a large clean bowl, whisk egg whites with a hand whisk until soft peaks form. Gradually whisk the sugar, 1 headed tbsp. at a time, whisking until stiff after each addition. Fold the corn flour and vinegar with a spoon.
- Spread 10 dollops of the mixture onto the prepared trays and spread each to form circles around 8cm in diameter. Use the spoon to build up the sides of the meringue.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until firm to the touch. Turn off the oven and leave the meringues to cool with the ajar.
- For the filling, mix vanilla into the yogurt and spoon into the middle. Top with bananas and berries.
For a chocolate filling…
- Mix cocoa and corn flour with a splash of the mix in a saucepan until smooth. Add remaining milk and heat until steam rises, stirring until slightly thickened.
- Whisk egg yolks and remaining sugar until pale and doubled in volume. Remove milk from the heat and whisk in the yolks.
- Return to the heat and cook very gently for a further minute until thickened, whisking constantly. Leave to cool, covered with cling film to prevent a skin forming.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Little lemon tarts
These little lemon tarts might have an Easter theme but they taste delicious all year round.
These tempting muffins won't last long once the family get their hands on them.
Simnel apricot and pecan cake
An Easter tradition, Simnel cake has been made for hundreds of years.
Easter chocolate torte
A decadent Easter treat that could also be served as a dessert when entertaining.