Christmas leftovers quiche
- Serves: 8
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 45mins
Spice up your Christmas dinner leftovers with this egg-citing quiche
Makes 8 slices
- 3 large British Lion eggs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 200g Brussel sprouts, finely sliced
- 8 cooked cocktail sausages, roughly chopped
- 1 x 23cm par-baked savoury pastry case
- 250ml milk
- 100ml double cream
- 50g parmesan, grated
- Small handful of sage leaves
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas Mark 4. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes, then add the Brussel sprouts and cook for a further 5-7 minutes until both are soft. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Place the tart case onto a baking tray and scatter over the onion, Brussel sprout mixture and cocktail sausages.
- In a large jug, beat together the eggs, milk, cream and 30g of parmesan. Pour the mixture into the tart case and scatter with the remaining parmesan. Bake in the oven for around 30-35 minutes, until set.
- Heat the remaining oil in a small frying pan over medium-high heat and add the sage leaves. Fry for 1-2 minutes, until crisp.
- Leave the quiche to cool for at least an hour before serving. Once cool, decorate with the crispy sage leaves before serving.
This quiche can be served warm or at room temperature. It can also be made up to 3 days in advance and stored in the fridge.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
A great-tasting picnic favourite, our summer quiche recipe is a fantastic dish to share with others on a sunny...
Leftover roast chicken crustless mini quiches
Perfect for a picnic, party or just sharing with the family, our roast chicken crustless mini quiches are a...
Corned beef and egg hash
Corned beef and egg hash is a tasty egg recipe and ideal if you're on a budget.