Christmas leftovers sandwich with fried egg, turkey and spicy cranberry sauce
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 10mins
- 2 brioche burger buns
- 2 generous slices of cooked turkey
- 2 large British Lion eggs
- 2 tbsp cranberry sauce
- 1 tbsp chilli sauce
- 4 baby gem leaves (or other lettuce leaves)
- 2 slices of your favourite cheese (optional) - you can use brie, cheddar or any other variety that easily melts
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan. Cut the burger buns in half and spread the butter over. Transfer onto a roasting tray lined with baking parchment. Put the turkey slices (if using, topped with cheese) next to the buns and warm up in the oven for 5 minutes.
2. Mix the cranberry sauce with chilli sauce.
3. In a small frying pan melt the butter and fry the eggs until the egg white sets but the yolk is still runny
4. Take the tray out of the oven and assemble your Christmas burgers. Start with putting baby gem leaves on a bottom half of the bun, then turkey slice, egg and a tablespoon of spicy cranberry sauce. Cover with the top half of the bun and enjoy with some mulled wine.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: