Smoky bean breakfast pot
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 2 mins
- Cook: 4 mins
- 1 rasher of smoked back bacon
- 200g BBQ beans (see cook’s tip in method*)
- 2 large British Lion eggs
- Place the bacon on a microwave-proof plate, cover with a piece of kitchen paper to prevent spattering and cook on high** for one and a half minutes. Leave to stand.
- Place the beans in a microwave-proof bowl, cover loosely and cook on high for one and a half minutes. Stir well. Make two holes in the centre of the beans and crack an egg into each hole.
- Use a cocktail stick to pierce the yolk and cook on high for one and a half minutes. Leave to stand for one minute.
- Snip the bacon into pieces and scatter over the top of the beans and eggs. Serve with toast.
To make your own BBQ beans add one tsp Worcestershire sauce, one tsp balsamic vinegar, a dash of tabasco sauce and one tbsp brown sauce to a 400g can of reduced fat and sugar baked beans and mix well.
They can be stored in the fridge in a covered bowl, for up to three days.
**All timings are based on 900W Microwave oven
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: