Micro Mexican Pot
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 4 mins
- 1 tsp sunflower oil
- ½ small red onion, sliced
- ½ red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 4-5 cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ fresh red chilli, chopped (or ½ tsp chilli flakes)
- 50g red kidney beans, drained
- ½ ripe avocado, peeled and diced
- 2 large British Lion eggs
- In a medium micro-proof dish, mix the oil, onion and pepper. Cover the dish with a microwave-proof plated and cook on high* for two minutes.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, chilli, kidney beans and avocado and mix well. Cook on high for one minute.
- Make two holes in the mixture and then carefully crack an egg into each hole. Take a cocktail stick and pierce the egg yolks a few times – this stops them exploding during cooking.
- Cover with the plate once more and cook on high for one and a half minutes.
- Leave to stand for one minute. Serve with sliced wholemeal pitta bread.
* All timings are based on 900W Microwave oven
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: