Crunchy pea & kale omelette cubes
- Prep: 2mins
- Cook: 5mins
- 75g shredded kale
- 8 large British Lion eggs
- 150g frozen peas
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 50g pumpkin seeds
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan, add the kale and cook over a high heat for two minutes until wilted. Add the peas and cook until they are thawed.
- Add the chilli and garlic and cook for a further 30 seconds. Remove from the heat and add the mint, half the pumpkin seeds and seasoning.
- Beat the eggs with a fork, add to the pan and cook for three minutes, stirring occasionally until most of the egg has set. Stop stirring, scatter over the remaining seeds, pop under the grill and cook for a further couple of minutes until the egg has set. Leave to cool in the pan.
- When cold, tip out onto a chopping board and cut into about 20-24 cubes (the edges will be semi-circular but still taste great!). Store in the fridge.
Makes: 20-24 cubes
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Baked breakfast with tomato and mushroom
Great recipe for all-in-one baked full English breakfast that the family will love, easy and low in calories, it's...
Cheese & bacon eggy bread bake
Make your next meal something extra special by trying our cheese and bacon eggy bread bake, a quick and...