Pesto egg and ham Danish pastry
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 10mins
A quick and easy pastry recipe with eggs and ham
- 1 (375g) pack ready rolled puff pastry
- 5 large British Lion eggs
- 60ml/4tbsp pesto sauce
- 4 slices Parma ham or prosciutto
- 60ml/4tbsp freshly grated parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 220C/Fan 200C/Gas Mark 8. Unroll the pastry and cut into four. Place on a large baking tray. Brush each with beaten egg then spread the pesto sauce in the centre of each. Top with the Parma ham.
- Gather the edges of the pastry together, pinching it together so that it forms a pastry shell. Brush more beaten egg on the outside of the pastry shells.
- Carefully crack an egg into the centre of each and scatter the parmesan on top. Bake in the hot oven for 10 mins or until the pastry is golden and the egg set. Serve warm or cold.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Baked eggs with courgettes & tomatoes
212 calories per portion
Avocado egg cups
Add a dash of experimentation to your culinary arsenal with this wonderfully inventive Avocado Egg Cups recipe. Experience the...
MOB Kitchen's Garlic, Tomato and Basil Baked Eggs
Watch the yolk drip, as you dunk crunchy croutons into this deliciously sweet and fresh tomato sauce with runny...
Sweet potato and pepper bake
Ideal for a low cost mid-week supper, this tasty sweet potato and pepper bake is also suitable for vegetarians.