Drunken noodles with boiled egg
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 10mins
This noodle dish is quick to make and packed full of nutrition.
- 4 medium British Lion eggs, boiled
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 5cm piece ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 x 400g vegetable stir fry pack
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 250g thick rice noodles
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- a large handful of coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan over high heat. Add the chicken and fry for around 5 minutes, until golden and cooked through. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Add the onion, ginger and garlic to the wok and cook for 2 minutes, then add the vegetable stir fry pack and fry for a further 3 minutes. Add the chicken a back to the pan along with the oyster sauce, fish sauce and rice wine vinegar and cook for 1 minute.
- Cook the rice noodles according to the pack instructions. Then drain and stir in the chicken and vegetables.
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to the boil and add the eggs. Simmer for 7 minutes until just set. Peel the eggs and slice in half.
- Divide the noodles between 4 shallow bowls and top with the eggs. Sprinkle over the sesame seeds and garnish with coriander before serving with the lime wedges.
Omit the chicken and oyster sauce and swap it for tofu and soy sauce to make this dish vegetarian.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Smoked salmon and broccoli frittata
This low calorie recipe for smoked salmon and broccoli frittata is quick to prepare and very tasty, making it...
Smoked salmon and asparagus omelette
If you’re looking for a light, healthy meal then why not try an egg-based favourite; a smoked salmon and...
Egg-topped smokey aubergine salad
When cooked over open fire, aubergine has an amazing way of transforming its flavour and texture into a smoky...
MOB Kitchen's leftover Boxing Day green eggs and ham
Forget about your usual festive sandwiches with our no-fuss traybake. Pile in all your favourite leftovers with some bright...