Easter bunny crumpets
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 15mins
Get the kids involved in making our fun Easter bunny crumpets. Play around with different coloured veggies to create cute faces, what a clever way to get the kids eating a more nutritious Easter option this year
- 2 crumpets
- 2 medium British Lion eggs
- Ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano or mixed herbs
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 25g grated cheddar or mozzarella
- Toppings of your choice such as sliced olives, sliced mushroom, peppers etc
- Small bunch of chives
- Preheat the oven to 200C / Fan 180C / Gas Mark 6. Crack the eggs into a jug. Add a little black pepper and the herbs, then use a fork to beat everything together.
- Pour 1/2 tsp of olive oil into two little ovenproof dishes (12-16cm across) and brush it around the base and sides. Place a crumpet in each dish then pour an equal amount of eggs over each crumpet so it fills up the holes. Leave it to soak in for at least 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle grated cheese over the crumpets. Next, decorate each with your choice of toppings to make ‘Easter Bunny’ faces. When you’re done, stand the dishes on a baking tray and carefully put in the oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes until the egg has set and the crumpets are golden. Remove from the oven and leave to cool for a few minutes.
- Use the chives to make ‘whiskers’ then they’re ready to serve.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: