- Serves: 1
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 5 mins
Eggs royale is a brunch classic. Poached egg, hollandaise, salmon and horseradish. Yum.
- 1 medium British Lion egg
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp hollandaise sauce
- 1 slice sourdough
- 50g smoked salmon
- 1 tsp horseradish sauce
- 20g mixed baby salad leaves
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 2 radishes, sliced
- Cress for garnish
- 1tbsp olive oil
- Poach the egg. Bring a deep saucepan of water to a boil. Add the vinegar. Stir the water, crack the egg into the water and carefully tip it into the centre of the saucepan. Cook for 3-4 minutes. Lift the egg out and drain it on a piece of kitchen paper.
- Warm up the hollandaise sauce in a small saucepan.
- Toast the sourdough. Spread the horseradish sauce over and arrange the salmon on top. Put the poached egg on the middle of the toast and pour the hollandaise over. Garnish with the salad leaves, shallot and radish slices, cress and a drizzle of the olive oil.
When tipping the egg into a boiling water, keep it very close to the water surface.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Tom Daley's Cloud Eggs
Cloud Eggs is one of Robbie’s favourite brunch dishes, they require minimal ingredients and kids go wild for them...
An indulgent breakfast, brunch or lunch.
Hot Crossed Bacon and Egg Buns
A new twist on the classic Easter hot cross bun.
Puff pastry baked egg and pesto parcels
Easy and elegant breakfast option. When you want to impress.