Egg & veg pasta bake
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
- 125g macaroni pasta
- 4 medium British Lion eggs
- 1tbsp sunflower oil
- ½ onion, thinly sliced
- 175g frozen sliced peppers
- ½ aubergine, diced into 1.5cm chunks
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1tsp dried oregano or mixed Italian herbs
- 40g mature Cheddar, grated
1. Heat the oven to 190C/170C (Fan)/gas mark 5. Cook macaroni according to pack instructions, draining once al dente.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in an ovenproof frying pan and add the onion, peppers and aubergine. Cook over a medium heat for 6-8 minutes until tender. Add the canned tomatoes and herbs and bring to a simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Add the cooked macaroni to the sauce, stirring for 2 minutes. Remove from the hob and make 4 small wells in the pasta. Crack an egg into each and sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 15 minutes or until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
If you don’t have an ovenproof frying pan, transfer the pasta mix into a 1.5 litre baking dish.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: