Forget the pastry quiche
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 15mins
Perfect as a healthy lunch or light dinner, forget the pastry quiche has all the flavour of a classic quiche but without the added calories.
- 5 British Lion eggs
- 4 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 spring or red onions, trimmed and chopped
- 100g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 85g pack Parma ham, torn into pieces
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, Gas Mark 5. Put a 20cm oven-proof shallow dish in the oven on a baking tray whilst the oven heats up.
- Beat the eggs with the milk.
- Remove the hot dish from the oven, swirl the oil over the base and sides. Add the onions, tomatoes and stir well. Add the ham and cheese, and then pour over the egg mixture. Season with black pepper.
- Return to the top of the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until the egg has set and the top is golden. Serve warm with salad.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Smoked salmon and pea frittata
A delicious smoked salmon and pea frittata recipe.
Click here to watch Mark cooking this super-speedy and tasty recipe.
An Indian take on the classic omelette. Made with traditional aromatic ingredients, this fantastic low-calorie main meal is bursting...
"Just like a normal pizza, you can add your favourite toppings, but I've gone for something simple."