Gizzi Erskine's Indian scrambled eggs
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 5 mins
Why not spice up your breakfast routine by trying Gizzi Erskine’s Indian take on classic scrambled eggs? Made with fragrant and aromatic spices, this is the perfect recipe to start your day with a bang or have as part of a tasty main meal.
- 2 tablespoons butter, ghee or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 green or red chilli, finely sliced
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- ½ red pepper, finely chopped
- 4 large British Lion eggs
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- 2 chapattis
1. Heat the butter or oil in a pan then add in the cumin seeds. Cook for 20 seconds then add in the chilli, spring onions and peppers and cook for a further 30 seconds.
2. Meanwhile, lightly whisk the eggs (Gizzi uses free range), milk and a pinch of salt together until all the ingredients are just combined and the mixture has one consistency.
3. Pour in the egg mixture and let it sit, without stirring, for 20 seconds. Stir with a wooden spoon, lifting and folding it over from the bottom of the pan. Let it sit for another 10 seconds then stir and fold again.
4. Repeat until the eggs are softly set and slightly runny in places, then remove from the heat and leave for a few seconds to finish cooking. Give a final stir and serve the velvety scramble with toasted chapattis.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: