Low calorie butternut squash with bacon and egg
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 35mins
Butternut squash with bacon and egg.
- 1 (175g/6oz) slice butternut squash
- 5ml/1 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 rashers lean back bacon, sliced
- 25g/2oz chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1 large British Lion egg
- Preheat the oven to 200C/Fan 180C/400F/Gas Mark 6. Place the butternut squash on a baking sheet and rub a little oil on top. Season. Bake for 20mins or until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil, add the bacon and sauté for 3-4 minutes or until the bacon is crisp. Add the mushrooms and onion and sauté for a further 2 minutes.
- Heap the bacon mixture on top of the butternut squash and make a hollow in the centre of the mixture. Carefully crack an egg into the hollow and bake for 8-10mins or until the egg is baked to your liking. Serve hot with tomato salad.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Low calorie baked eggs with roasted Mediterranean vegetables
This high-protein dish is an excellent way of getting at least 2 of an athlete’s 5 a day fruit...
To watch top vloggers Crumbs Food cook this recipe click here.
Courgette and red onion 'no pastry' quiche
To watch top vlogger Juggle Mum cook this recipe click here.
Baked breakfast with tomato and mushroom
Great recipe for all-in-one baked full English breakfast that the family will love, easy and low in calories, it's...