Low calorie butternut squash with bacon and egg
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 35 mins
Butternut squash with bacon and egg.
- 1 (175g/6oz) slice butternut squash
- 5ml/1 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 rashers lean back bacon, sliced
- 25g/2oz chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1 large British Lion egg
- Preheat the oven to 200C/Fan 180C/400F/Gas Mark 6. Place the butternut squash on a baking sheet and rub a little oil on top. Season. Bake for 20mins or until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil, add the bacon and sauté for 3-4 minutes or until the bacon is crisp. Add the mushrooms and onion and sauté for a further 2 minutes.
- Heap the bacon mixture on top of the butternut squash and make a hollow in the centre of the mixture. Carefully crack an egg into the hollow and bake for 8-10mins or until the egg is baked to your liking. Serve hot with tomato salad.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Low calorie baked eggs with roasted Mediterranean vegetables
This high-protein dish is an excellent way of getting at least 2 of an athlete’s 5 a day fruit...
To watch top vloggers Crumbs Food cook this recipe click here .
Courgette and red onion 'no pastry' quiche
To watch top vlogger Juggle Mum cook this recipe click here .
Baked breakfast with tomato and mushroom
Great recipe for all-in-one baked full English breakfast that the family will love, easy and low in calories, it's...