Low calorie feta, pepper and olive tortilla
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 8mins
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 50g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 50g pitted black olives in brine, drained
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh flat parsley
- 4 large British Lion eggs
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the oil, onion and pepper in a micro-proof round dish, cover with an upturned plate and cook on HIGH for 3 minutes, stir half way through the cooking time.
- Stir in the tomatoes, olives, cheese and parsley. Beat the eggs with seasoning and pour into the dish, mix well. Cover with an upturned micro-proof plate and cook HIGH for 1min and 30 seconds. Stir well, pushing the cooked egg into the middle of the dish, shake to level.
- Cover with the plate and cook on HIGH for a further 2minutes. Cover and leave to stand for a further 3 minutes or until the egg has all set. If liked, brown under a hot grill. Remove from the dish and cut into wedges. Serve warm with salad or wrap in baking paper and foil and serve cold on a picnic.
N.B. All timings based on an 850W Microwave, adjust according to other wattages.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Vegetarian pizza omelette
It’s not quite a pizza, but it’s more than an omelette; this is a pizza omelette! A healthy alternative...
Pepper and courgette frittata
Use any vegetables in this tasty microwave supper, suitable for vegetarians.
Cheese & mushroom pizza omelette
Quick and easy to prepare, you don't have to wait for the takeaway to arrive with this delicious cheese...