Micro recipe - ham and egg cobbler
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 8 mins
- Cook: 6 mins
Ham and egg cobbler is a quick and easy recipe, prepared in the microwave.
- 2 medium slices white or wholemeal bread
- a little soft butter or vegetable oil spread
- 3 slices wafer thin ham, torn in half
- 4 large British Lion eggs
- 60ml/4tbsp milk
- 50g2oz cheddar cheese, grated
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Butter the bread and cut the slices into quarters. Arrange the slices in a shallow micro-proof dish.
- Tuck the slices of ham in between the bread.
- Crack the eggs into a jug, add the milk and seasoning. Beat together with a wire whisk, then pour over the bread, pressing down the bread to soak up the milk.
- Cover the dish with an upturned plate and microwave on HIGH for 5 mins, turning after 3 mins.
- Remove the dish from the oven and scatter over the cheese and return to the oven.
- Cook on HIGH for 1min.
- Leave to stand for 2 mins before serving. If liked pop the cobbler under a hot grill to brown. Serve hot or warm with salad.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Tom Daley’s asparagus, smoked salmon and egg tart
This puff pastry delight is spread with cream cheese before being topped with boiled eggs, seasonal British asparagus and...
Microwave poached eggs
Microwaved poached eggs are quick and easy to make and ready in under two minutes, providing the perfect quick...
Tom Daley’s Mini lemon curd and blueberry tarts
Treat yourself to these tempting mini tarts which are made using ready-made tart cases so they are super-simple to...