Micro recipe - ham and egg cobbler
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 8mins
- Cook: 6mins
Ham and egg cobbler is a quick and easy recipe, prepared in the microwave.
- 2 medium slices white or wholemeal bread
- a little soft butter or vegetable oil spread
- 3 slices wafer thin ham, torn in half
- 4 large British Lion eggs
- 60ml/4tbsp milk
- 50g2oz cheddar cheese, grated
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Butter the bread and cut the slices into quarters. Arrange the slices in a shallow micro-proof dish.
- Tuck the slices of ham in between the bread.
- Crack the eggs into a jug, add the milk and seasoning. Beat together with a wire whisk, then pour over the bread, pressing down the bread to soak up the milk.
- Cover the dish with an upturned plate and microwave on HIGH for 5 mins, turning after 3 mins.
- Remove the dish from the oven and scatter over the cheese and return to the oven.
- Cook on HIGH for 1min.
- Leave to stand for 2 mins before serving. If liked pop the cobbler under a hot grill to brown. Serve hot or warm with salad.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Microwave poached eggs
Microwaved poached eggs are quick and easy to make and ready in under two minutes, providing the perfect quick...
Try cooking a classic omelette in the microwave - it'll take less than five minutes.
A great-tasting picnic favourite, our summer quiche recipe is a fantastic dish to share with others on a sunny...