Mushroom, ham and goat's cheese pancakes
- Serves: 8
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 15mins
Mushroom, ham and goat's cheese pancakes make a filling and tasty meal. The mixture of goat's cheese and ham gives it a deliciously different taste.
- 75g/3oz plain flour
- pinch of salt
- 2 large British Lion eggs
- 150ml/1/4pt milk
- a little oil for frying
- 220g button mushrooms
- 200g ham, sliced
- 1 log goats cheese
- Place the flour, salt and eggs in a large bowl with half the milk. Whisk until the mixture is lump free. Add the remaining milk and whisk again until smooth. If you prefer place all the ingredients together in a food processor and blend until smooth, Pour the batter into a jug. The batter can be made in advance and chilled for up to 8 hours before use.
- Heat a 20cm/8in diameter non-stick frying pan until hot, drizzle a little oil over the centre and wipe it around with a piece of kitchen paper. Now pour a little of the batter into the pan and immediately tilt the pan to spread the batter thinly and evenly over the base. Cook for 2 mins or until the top is set and the base golden. Turn the pancake over with a spatula or if you are feeling brave, flip the pancake!
- Cook for a further 1-2 mins or until the base is golden. Transfer to a plate and interleave with greaseproof paper, keep warm. Use the batter and a little more oil to make a further 7 pancakes in the same way.
- Fill the pancakes with sliced mushrooms sautéed in oil, a slice of ham, then top with thinly sliced goat's cheese. Fold up to enclose the filling then pop under a hot grill until the cheese begins to melt. Serve scattered with flat parsley.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Orange, pecan & maple syrup pancakes
Pancakes with orange, pecan & maple syrup recipe
How to make pancakes
How to make pancakes? Follow our simple step by step method. Fabulous pancakes are easy to make and can...