New York buttermilk pancakes
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
Bring a taste of the Big Apple to your plate with these tempting pancakes.
- 3 large British Lion eggs
- 150ml/1/4pt buttermilk
- 175g/6oz self raising flour
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- pinch of salt
- 15ml/1tbsp vegetable oil for frying
- crispy bacon and maple syrup to serve
- Beat the eggs and buttermilk together in a large bowl. Sift over the flour, sugar and salt then quickly mix to form a smooth thick batter.
- Heat a little oil in a non-stick frying pan. Gently drop large spoonfuls of the batter into the hot pan and cook for 2 mins until the base is crisp and golden. Flip over and cook for a further 1-2 mins. Keep warm in a clean teatowel and repeat until all the batter is cooked. It makes about 12.
- To serve, stack 3-4 pancakes per person on plates, stacking them up with crispy bacon. Serve with maple syrup.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Thyme pancakes filled with caramelised onion chutney and goats cheese
A delicious recipe for Pancake Day or any other day of the year!
Bacon and Somerset brie pancakes
Try these bacon and Somerset brie pancakes as a delicious savoury alternative to traditional sugar and lemon. Nutrition (per...