Oven roasted tomato and rocket bagels
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 35 mins
Bagels with oven roasted tomato and rocket. Oven-roasting the cherry tomatoes gives them a wonderful concentrated flavour. You can do this the day before if you prefer, ready to serve for breakfast the next day.
- 450g/1lb cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 bagels, split
- 4 large British Lion eggs
- handful of wild rocket leaves
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 150C/Fan 130C/Gas Mark 2. Place the tomatoes cut side up on a baking tray, drizzle over the oil and season. Bake for 35-40mins or until the tomatoes have shrivelled and dried a little.
- Fill a large frying pan with salted water and bring to the boil. Carefully crack the eggs into the simmering water then reduce the heat and cook for 3-5 mins depending how you like your eggs cooked. Lift the eggs from the water with a slotted spoon; drain on kitchen paper. Meanwhile, toast the bagels under a hot grill.
- To serve, place the bagels on four plates, top each with the tomatoes, a handful of rocket and a poached egg. Serve straight away.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: