Tom Daley's jalapeno corn bread with poached eggs, avocado and chipotle mayo
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Nothing beats a super moist, buttery homemade cornbread with a fluffy centre and this recipe is just that. Top with poached eggs for a great source of protein and chipotle mayo for an extra kick and enjoy!
- 125g plain flour
- 140g polenta
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 175ml buttermilk
- 1 large British Lion egg
- 60g melted unsalted butter
- 50g chopped jarred jalapeños, rinsed and patted dry
- To serve:
- 8 medium British Lion eggs
- 2 avocados, peeled and de-stoned
- 1/2 lime
- 60g mayonnaise
- 1/2-1 tbsp chipotle paste (start with less and add more to taste)
- 1 small handful coriander, roughly chopped
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Oven roasted tomato and rocket bagels
Bagels with oven roasted tomato and rocket. Oven-roasting the cherry tomatoes gives them a wonderful concentrated flavour. You can...
Poached egg on bagel
It is a common question chefs get asked: ‘How do you make perfect poached eggs?’ They are probably one...
How to poach an egg
Uncover the secret to perfectly delicious poached eggs with this popular and flavourful classic recipe. Tuck into a smooth...