Baked cod recipe
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 45 mins
An Easter classic baked cod recipe. Portuguese “Bacalhau a Gomes de Sa” is traditionally served on Good Friday. We’ve swapped salt cod for fresh. Serve with a rocket and tomato salad.
- 750g small waxy potatoes, (eg. Charlotte) slice ½cm thick
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 75g mixed pitted olives, sliced if large
- Large handful parsley, leaves only
- 450g skinless, boneless cod fillet, cut into 4cm chunks
- 4-6 British Lion eggs, boiled for 6 minutes then cooled
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Heat oven to gas mark 5/190C/170C fan.
- Add potatoes to a pan of boiling water, return to the boil and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the onion and drizzle with 2tbsp of oil, then season with salt and pepper. Mix well and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove dish from oven, add the olives and parsley and return to the oven for 10 minutes.
- Add cod to the dish, drizzle with remaining oil and cook for a further 15 minutes until cod is just cooked through.
- Meanwhile, shell the British Lion eggs and slice each in half.
- Add to the cooked cod dish and place in the oven for a few minutes to warm through.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Easter bunny crumpets
Get the kids involved in making our fun Easter bunny crumpets. Play around with different coloured veggies to create...
Mini Easter cakes
A great mini Easter cake recipe to make with the kids. Start off with making a whole bunch of...
Beetroot Steeped Wasabi Eggs
Prep time: 10 minutes (plus 1 hour chilling time)
Easter eggy bread
An egg-cellent recipe to rustle up this Easter . Use up your hot cross buns for the eggy bread...