- Serves: 4
- Prep: 8mins
- Cook: 15mins
Our lamb biryani is an all-round great recipe and is ideal for using up any Sunday Roast leftovers to minimise food waste.
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 onions, sliced
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 5 medium British Lion eggs
- 2cm piece root ginger, grated
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 175g-225g cold roast lamb, beef, chicken or turkey
- 225g cooked vegetables we used cauliflower, broccoli and peas
- 3 tbsp medium curry paste
- 1 (200g) sachet of cooked basmati rice
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 50g pomegranate seeds
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok. Add the onions and a pinch of salt, then cook over a medium heat for 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally until the onions are golden brown.
- Remove half the onions and set aside. Cook the remainder over a low heat until they are golden and crispy. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Whilst you cook the onions, place the eggs in a small pan, cover with cold water and bring to the boil and cook for 5 mins. Drain the eggs, rinse in cold water, tapping the shells all over. When cool enough to handle, peel away the shells and set aside.
- Return the soft onions to the pan with the ginger, garlic and curry paste and cook over a medium heat, stirring for a few seconds. Add the roasted meat, vegetables and rice with 4 tbsp water.
- Continue to cook, stirring frequently to mix everything together until all the ingredients are piping hot. Stir in half the coriander and season to taste.
- Transfer to a serving platter topped with the crispy fried onions, remaining coriander and pomegranate seeds. Cut the eggs in half and place on top. They should still be slightly soft inside.
- Cooks tip: Use up your Sunday roast leftovers in this quick supper dish. You could use roasted lamb, beef, chicken or turkey, which ever you have left over. Break it into bite sized pieces.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Crispy breakfast potatoes with soft boiled eggs and smoky roasted pepper sauce
Roasties are a perfect comfort food. This recipe is quick and completely effortless. Perfect for using up the leftover...
Eggs baked in a crusty baguette
An ultimate house-warming meal. It will fill your home with cosy smell of fresh bread, garlic and butter.