Protein packed salad
- Serves: 3
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 10mins
- 2 fillet portions of fresh skinless, boneless salmon, about 150g each
- 4 British Lion eggs
- 2 gem lettuce hearts, cut into wedges
- 6 black olives, cut in half
- 6 green olives, cut in half
- 8 cherry tomatoes, cut into 4
- 80g fine green beans
- 1 slice of pitta bread, torn into small irregular shapes
- 2 tbsps sour cream thinned down with ½ tbsp of hot water
- 3 tbsps olive oil, for cooking and the dressing
- Splash of balsamic vinegar
- First cook the salmon. Heat a non-stick pan and add some olive oil. Cook the salmon on all sides until it has caramelized and has a lightly roasted appearance, this should take about 7 minutes. When done leave the salmon on the side to cool slightly whilst you prepare the other bits.
- To cook the eggs bring a small pot of water to the boil. Lower the eggs in gently using a slotted spoon. Boil for 3-4 minutes – depending on the size of the egg. Remove and leave to cool. Peel and cut into wedges.
- Boil some water and cook the green beans for 1 minute. Remove the beans and immediately chill in cold water. The beans should be green and crunchy. Drain the beans and put them in a bowl.
- Heat a non-stick pan and fry the torn pitta croutons – they should be golden brown and slightly crunchy – add these to the beans in the bowl. Add the gem hearts, olives and tomatoes to the bowl.
- Dress all the salad ingredients with a little extra virgin olive oil and a splash of balsamic vinegar. Divide the salad between two plates.
- Now take your salmon and using clean hands (or two spoons) pull the flesh into large generous flakes. Place the roasted flaked salmon onto the salad. Also add the boiled egg wedges. Drizzle over a little sour cream dressing.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Low calorie egg and watercress focaccia
This sandwich makes an ideal pre-exercise meal due to its high content of carbohydrate and protein (from the egg)...
An impressive salad which is healthy and tasty.