Roast cauliflower & purple sprouting broccoli frittata
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
- 250g cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 100g purple sprouting broccoli, stalks trimmed
- 8 large British Lion eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp half fat crème fraîche
- Salt and pepper
- To serve – rocket salad
- Preheat the oven to 200C / 180C fan / Gas Mark 6.
- Steam or boil the cauliflower in a little water for 3-4 minutes, drain and then place onto a large flat baking tray. Add the red onion wedges and broccoli, drizzle with oil and scatter with the smoked paprika, coriander and cumin seeds, season well and roast for 15 minutes or until golden brown and lightly charred all over. Place a 26cm flan dish into the oven to warm up.
- Meanwhile, beat together the eggs and crème fraîche.
- Lightly oil the hot dish. Tip the roasted veg in an even layer into the disk, pour around the egg mix, season well and bake for 15 minutes or until just set.
- Remove from the oven, cut into wedges and serve with rocket salad.
Cookware courtesy of www.pyrexuk.com
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Chickpea and courgette eggah
A lovely light summer recipe, our chickpea and courgette eggah recipe infuses classic Moroccan herbs and spices for an...
Stir-fry Dinner Omelette
Recipe courtesy of Proper Tasty.
An Indian take on the classic omelette. Made with traditional aromatic ingredients, this fantastic low-calorie main meal is bursting...
"Just like a normal pizza, you can add your favourite toppings, but I've gone for something simple."