Savoury crème brûlée
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 35mins
This savoury crème brûlée makes an elegant brunch dish or an impressive starter for dinner party entertaining.
- 100ml/3.5floz milk
- 150ml/1/4pt double cream
- 1 large British Lion eggs and 2 large British Lion egg yolks
- 50g/2oz asparagus tips, cut into 5cm/2in lengths
- 15g/1/2oz freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 170C/Fan 150F/Gas Mark 3. Heat the milk and cream together in a small pan until almost boiling. Beat the egg and egg yolks together with seasoning. Pour the hot milk on to the eggs and mix well.
- Divide the asparagus between four 175ml/6floz ramekin dishes then pour over the egg mixture. Stand the dishes in a roasting tin and pour boiling water from the kettle to come half way up the outside of the dishes. Bake for 25-30mins or until just set.
- Meanwhile, line a baking sheet with non-stick baking paper and sprinkle the cheese into four 6/7cm, 3/4in rounds. Bake for 6-8mins until golden brown – the cheese will melt and spread to make lacy wafers. Leave to cool slightly.
- To serve, remove the brulees from the oven and cool for 5 mins. Serve topped with the parmesan crisps with toast fingers.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Beetroot Steeped Wasabi Eggs
Prep time: 10 minutes (plus 1 hour chilling time)
Oven roasted tomato and rocket bagels
Bagels with oven roasted tomato and rocket. Oven-roasting the cherry tomatoes gives them a wonderful concentrated flavour. You can...
Vegetable frittata with mushrooms, spinach and avocado
Popular vlogger Barry Lewis of My Virgin Kitchen has created an amazingly tasty fully loaded vegetable frittata - a...
Get veg into little ones by cutting it up small and adding to muffins. You can use whatever veg...