Scrambled egg and black bean tacos
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 15mins
Scrambled egg and black bean tacos are perfect for a healthy lunch or dinner.
- 6 British Lion eggs
- 80ml milk
- 8 taco shells or small corn tortillas
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp cumin
- Juice of half a lime
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and grated
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small red onion, diced
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4-1/2 dried chili flakes
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- Handful of cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Fresh coriander (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180C, place the tacos open end down on a baking tray and heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 3-5 minutes until soft and translucent.
- Stir in the black beans, cumin, lime and chili flakes. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the beans are warmed through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk together with the milk. Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Heat a large saucepan over a medium heat and add the oil. Add the eggs and cook for approximately 5 minutes, stirring frequently until the eggs are scrambled and cooked through. Remove from heat.
- Spoon the mixed beans and scrambled eggs into each taco and top with sliced avocado, cherry tomatoes, and fresh coriander.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: