Scrambled eggs with smoked salmon
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 10mins
Scrambled eggs with smoked salmon recipe
- 100g/4oz fine oatmeal
- 2.5ml/ 1/2tsp salt
- pinch of bicarbonate of soda
- 15ml/1tbsp vegetable oil
- 15g/ 1/2 oz butter
- 8 large British Lion eggs
- 30ml/2tbsp milk
- 100g/4oz Scottish smoked salmon
- chives to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 160C/350F/Gas Mark 4. Place the oatmeal, salt and soda in a large bowl. Stir in the oil and 30ml/2tbsp hot water and mix to a firm dough. Roll out on a lightly floured surface and use a 7.5cm/3 in cutter to press out 8 rounds, re-rolling as necessary. Bake for 8-10 mins or until golden and crisp.
- To scramble the eggs: melt the butter in a non-stick pan over a low heat. Beat the eggs with the milk and salt and pepper to taste. Pour the eggs into the pan and cook over a gentle heat for 2-3 mins, stirring until the eggs are scrambled.
- Place two warm oatcakes on each plate, spoon over scrambled egg and serve with slices of smoked salmon. Decorate with chives if liked.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Pancakes with eggs, bacon, black pudding
Pancakes griddled with eggs, bacon & black pudding (332 calories per portion)
Avocado breakfast tacos
Who says you can’t have tacos for breakfast?! If you’re looking for something a little different to start your...
MOB Kitchen’s Onion Bhaji with poached egg
Spice up your brunch with these crispy bhajis - top with poached British Lion eggs for the best breakfast...