Scrambled eggs with smoked salmon
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
Scrambled eggs with smoked salmon recipe
- 100g/4oz fine oatmeal
- 2.5ml/ 1/2tsp salt
- pinch of bicarbonate of soda
- 15ml/1tbsp vegetable oil
- 15g/ 1/2 oz butter
- 8 large British Lion eggs
- 30ml/2tbsp milk
- 100g/4oz Scottish smoked salmon
- chives to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 160C/350F/Gas Mark 4. Place the oatmeal, salt and soda in a large bowl. Stir in the oil and 30ml/2tbsp hot water and mix to a firm dough. Roll out on a lightly floured surface and use a 7.5cm/3 in cutter to press out 8 rounds, re-rolling as necessary. Bake for 8-10 mins or until golden and crisp.
- To scramble the eggs: melt the butter in a non-stick pan over a low heat. Beat the eggs with the milk and salt and pepper to taste. Pour the eggs into the pan and cook over a gentle heat for 2-3 mins, stirring until the eggs are scrambled.
- Place two warm oatcakes on each plate, spoon over scrambled egg and serve with slices of smoked salmon. Decorate with chives if liked.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Veggy breakfast sizzle
A quick and easy breakfast recipe that's a real treat.
Hot Crossed Bacon and Egg Buns
A new twist on the classic Easter hot cross bun.