Spinach and dill pancakes with salmon and eggs
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 10mins
- 50g chopped spinach leaves
- 3 tbsp snipped fresh dill
- 6 large British Lion eggs
- 100ml milk
- 150g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- A pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper
- A little oil for frying
- 50g smoked salmon slices
- Dill sprigs to serve
1. Place the spinach, dill, 2 eggs, milk, flour, sugar and seasoning in large bowl. Blend everything together to make a smooth batter - it will be thick like yogurt.
2. Heat a little oil in a non-stick frying pan and add 3 heaped spoonfuls of the mixture into the hot pan and wait until the top of the pancake begins to bubble, then turn it over and cook until both sides are golden.
3. Repeat with the remaining batter, keeping the cooked pancakes warm.
4. Fill a frying pan with water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to a slow simmer. Gently crack in the 4 eggs and poach for 3 minutes or according to your taste.
5. Remove from the heat and lift from the pan with a slotted spoon.
6. Stack the pancakes on 4 plates, top with folds of smoked salmon and the poached eggs.
7. Serve with the lemon creme fraiche and lemon wedges.
See also: How to make pancakes, the step by step recipe.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: