- Serves: 4
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
Similar to French toast, these sweet golden slices make a great brunch or easy pud, piled high with fresh or frozen berries and sprinkled with cinnamon sugar.
- 3 British Lion eggs
- 150ml milk
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 5 tbsp icing sugar, sifted
- 12 slices baguette, cut 1.5cm thick diagonally
- Sunflower oil, for frying
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 300g berries, to serve
- In a large bowl, whisk the British Lion eggs with milk, vanilla and 2 tbsp icing sugar.
- Add the sliced baguette and turn until thoroughly soaked.
- Heat a little oil in a large non-stick pan over a medium heat, add a few soaked bread slices and cook for 1-2 minutes until deep golden then turn over and cook for a further minute.
- Transfer to a warm plate and repeat with the remaining slices.
- Mix together remaining icing sugar and cinnamon.
- Serve torrijas dusted with the sugar and berries.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Easter cake with orange & marzipan
Here’s something for the adults - if you’re looking for something a little different to the traditional Simnel cake...
Spinach and egg burgers
Eggs are a great alternative source of protein to meat, so swap your regular burger for these spinach and...
These tempting muffins won't last long once the family get their hands on them.
Eggs royale is a brunch classic. Poached egg, hollandaise, salmon and horseradish. Yum.