- Serves: 4
- Prep: 20mins
- Cook: 15mins
Similar to French toast, these sweet golden slices make a great brunch or easy pud, piled high with fresh or frozen berries and sprinkled with cinnamon sugar.
- 3 British Lion eggs
- 150ml milk
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 5 tbsp icing sugar, sifted
- 12 slices baguette, cut 1.5cm thick diagonally
- Sunflower oil, for frying
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 300g berries, to serve
- In a large bowl, whisk the British Lion eggs with milk, vanilla and 2 tbsp icing sugar.
- Add the sliced baguette and turn until thoroughly soaked.
- Heat a little oil in a large non-stick pan over a medium heat, add a few soaked bread slices and cook for 1-2 minutes until deep golden then turn over and cook for a further minute.
- Transfer to a warm plate and repeat with the remaining slices.
- Mix together remaining icing sugar and cinnamon.
- Serve torrijas dusted with the sugar and berries.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
These tempting muffins won't last long once the family get their hands on them.
Classic Eggs Royale
It’s a brunch classic. Poached egg, hollandaise, salmon and horseradish. Yum.
Tom Daley's Cloud Eggs
Cloud Eggs is one of Robbie’s favourite brunch dishes, they require minimal ingredients and kids go wild for them...