- Serves: 4
- Prep: 20mins
- Cook: 15mins
Similar to French toast, these sweet golden slices make a great brunch or easy pud, piled high with fresh or frozen berries and sprinkled with cinnamon sugar.
- 3 British Lion eggs
- 150ml milk
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 5 tbsp icing sugar, sifted
- 12 slices baguette, cut 1.5cm thick diagonally
- Sunflower oil, for frying
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 300g berries, to serve
- In a large bowl, whisk the British Lion eggs with milk, vanilla and 2 tbsp icing sugar.
- Add the sliced baguette and turn until thoroughly soaked.
- Heat a little oil in a large non-stick pan over a medium heat, add a few soaked bread slices and cook for 1-2 minutes until deep golden then turn over and cook for a further minute.
- Transfer to a warm plate and repeat with the remaining slices.
- Mix together remaining icing sugar and cinnamon.
- Serve torrijas dusted with the sugar and berries.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Simnel apricot and pecan cake
An Easter tradition, Simnel cake has been made for hundreds of years.
Cherry tomato quiche
This quiche makes a great party dish or a tapper ware lunch. It’s cheesy, it’s herby and wonderfully mild...
These tempting muffins won't last long once the family get their hands on them.
Classic Eggs Royale
It’s a brunch classic. Poached egg, hollandaise, salmon and horseradish. Yum.