Spicy spinach, egg and quinoa scramble
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 5 mins
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and sliced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 50g baby spinach leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 large British Lion eggs
- 1 (250g) sachet ready to eat red and white quinoa
- Chopped fresh coriander to serve
- Heat 1 tsp of the olive oil in a nonstick pan. Add the onions, chilli and garlic and sauce for 1 minute. Add the spinach leaves, season and then stir until the leaves are wilted. Transfer to a warm bowl.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan, add the eggs and cook over a medium heat, stirring until the eggs are scrambled to your liking.
- Stir in the quinoa and spinach and heat, stirring until the mixture is piping hot. Serve straight away with a scattering of coriander if liked.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: