Spinach omelette with salmon
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 5 mins
- 75g frozen peas
- 15g butter
- 25g baby spinach, roughly chopped
- Freshly grated nutmeg (optional)
- 2 large British Lion eggs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (213g) can red salmon, skinned and flaked
- 15g Cheddar cheese, grated
- Put the peas in a small pan, cover with boiling water from the kettle and bring to the boil. Simmer for 2 mins, then drain.
- Melt the butter in a nonstick frying pan. Add the spinach, nutmeg and season. Cook over a medium heat for 1 min until wilted.
- Beat the eggs with seasoning, pour into the pan with the spinach and mix well. Cook the omelette over a medium heat, pushing the cooked egg into the centre of the pan and allowing the runny egg to fill the space, until all the raw egg has set.
- Remove from the heat, scatter the peas, salmon and cheese over the omelette, then return to the heat and cook for a further minute until the cheese has melted. Tilt the pan and fold the omelette and slip it onto a warm plate. Serve straight away.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Pepper and courgette frittata
Use any vegetables in this tasty microwave supper, suitable for vegetarians.
Farmhouse pizza omelette
A traditional-style pizza omelette with only 240 calories per portion. Based on a Farmhouse pizza - delicious