Squash, kale & chorizo tortilla
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 15mins
- 6 British Lion eggs, whisked up in a large bowl
- 2 tbsps olive oil or coconut oil
- 260g cooking chorizo, sliced
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced into 1cm cubes
- About ¼ of a butternut squash, diced into 1cm cubes
- 100g kale, roughly chopped
- Heat the oven to about 190C/170C fan. Find a rectangular baking tray or dish about 20cm square with sides at least 5cm deep. Put this dish in the oven to heat up whilst you get things cooking.
- Fry the butternut squash in a non-stick pan using half the oil until it’s almost cooked and golden brown – tip it into the bowl with the whisked eggs in. Leave the oil in the pan.
- Fry the chorizo sausage until cooked and add to the egg mix – add the oil too because it will now be flavoured by the chorizo. Tip in the tomato and kale.
- Remove the hot dish from the oven and tip in the remaining olive oil. Swill it around so that the whole dish is lightly oiled.
- Give the egg mix a final stir and tip everything into the hot dish. Place back in the oven and bake until the eggs are cooked – about 12-18 minutes.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
An Indian take on the classic omelette. Made with traditional aromatic ingredients, this fantastic low-calorie main meal is bursting...
"Just like a normal pizza, you can add your favourite toppings, but I've gone for something simple."
Gizzi Erskine's boiled eggs and asparagus spears
Gizzi says: "For perfect boiled eggs it’s all in the timing. My best tip for gloriously gooey yolks is...
Low calorie cherry tomato and parmesan frittata
This two-egg dish is rich in protein so helps repair and build muscle after intense exercise. It also includes...