Sweet potato Spanish tortilla
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
This dish makes a great recovery meal as it provides plenty of carbohydrates (from the sweet potato) as well as good amounts of protein (from the eggs) in a ratio that promotes speediest muscle recovery. Sweet potatoes are used in this dish as they contain significant levels of beta-carotene and twice as much vitamin C as ordinary potatoes.
- 1 small sweet potato (175g), peeled and thickly sliced
- 1 tablespoon/15ml olive oil
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large British Lion eggs, beaten
- Cook the sweet potato in a small pan of boiling water for 5 - 6 minutes until just tender. Drain and set aside.
- Pre-heat the grill to medium.
- Heat the oil in an ovenproof frying pan and fry the onion over a medium heat for 3 – 4 minutes or until softened. Add the sweet potato and season to taste with the salt and pepper.
- Pour in the eggs and cook for 1 - 2 minutes until the egg starts to set. Transfer to the grill and cook for 3 – 4 minutes or until the top of the tortilla is golden and the tortilla is cooked through.
- Slide the tortilla onto a plate and cut into wedges. Serve with a simple salad.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: