Thick pancakes with spiced apple
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 20mins
- Cook: 20mins
- Apple topping ingredients:
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 Bramley apples, peeled and sliced
- 3 tbsp demerara sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 3 tbsp sultanas
- Pancake ingredients:
- 225 g plain flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- pinch of salt
- 2 British Lion eggs, lightly beaten
- 300ml milk
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- oil, for frying
- crème fraȋche, to serve
- For the pancakes: place all the ingredients apart from the oil into a bowl and whisk using an electric hand whisk until smooth.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and pour in a ladleful of batter. Heat for 1-2 minutes on each side, or until puffed and golden brown. Repeat until you have used all the batter.
- For the spiced apple: melt the butter in a saucepan over a low-medium heat. Add the apples, sugar, cinnamon, mixed spice and sultanas. Cook gently for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally until the apples are soft but do not start to break down. Set aside to cool.
- To serve, stack the pancakes and top with a spoonful of apple and a dollop of crème fraȋche.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Normandy apple crepes
Normandy apple crêpes
Blueberries make a delicious topping for pancakes. Try our other pancake recipes.
Super green matcha pancakes, coconut cream and raspberries
For tea lovers. These pancakes are rich and fresh at the same time. A combination of tropical and Japanese...
Blueberry and raspberry pancakes
Blueberry and raspberry pancakes are a tasty treat any time of the year, but especially good when British raspberries...