Tom Daley's Mexican Chilaquiles
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- 4 tsp olive oil
- • 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, ½ finely chopped & ½ sliced
- 400g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 250g corn tortilla chips
- 100g feta, crumbled
- Small handful coriander leaves
- 4 large British Lion eggs
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- Lime wedges, to serve
1. Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Heat 1 tsp oil in a medium frying pan, add the garlic and finely chopped chilli and cook until just golden and fragrant, about 45 secs. Pour over the chopped tomatoes and cook for 5 mins to reduce.
2. Pour half the chopped tomatoes into a large 28cm oven proof dish or frying pan, and gently stir through half the tortilla chips until coated. Sprinkle with half the feta and half the coriander. Pour the remaining tortilla chips into the pan with tomatoes, stir to coat then place in the ovenproof dish on top of the others. Scatter with remaining feta and place under grill for 3-4 mins until the cheese is melted and the tortillas are golden and crisp.
3. Meanwhile place a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat, heat the remaining oil then crack 4 British Lion eggs into the pan. Cook for 3 minutes, or until white is set, covering with a tight-fitting lid to cook the tops if needed. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Remove the tortilla chips from the grill, nestle the fried eggs among the tortillas, sprinkle with the red onion and coriander and serve with lime wedges.
Make your own corn tortilla chips! Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Brush both sides of 3 tortillas lightly with olive oil then cut into triangles. Place in a single layer on lined baking trays and bake for 7-8 minutes until golden and crisp.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: