- Serves: 4
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 8mins
Egg rolls make a tasty accompaniment to many meals.
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 8 large British Lion eggs
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 4 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, stoned, peeled and sliced
- 3 spring onions, shredded
- soy sauce for dipping
- Scatter the sesame seeds on a plate. Heat a little of the oil in a large frying pan. Beat the eggs with the soy sauce and sugar then pour a quarter of the egg into the pan, cook over a high heat, without stirring until the base is golden and top almost set - about 2 mins.
- Carefully lift and place cooked side down in the plate of sesame seeds. Dip until coated in seeds then lay out on a chopping board. Repeat to make 4 pancakes in the same way.
- Place a row of pepper, avocado and spring onion slices down one side of each omelette, then tightly roll up enclosing the vegetables. Use a sharp knife to cut the egg rolls into about 6-8, 3cm wide pieces then serve with soy sauce.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Fruit Scotch Pancakes
This pancake recipe makes a particularly sustaining meal before exercise due to the addition of two eggs to the...
Northumbrian pancakes with kippers
Northumbrian pancakes with kippers - a delicious pancake recipe, using the best of British ingredients.