- Serves: 4
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 8 mins
Egg rolls make a tasty accompaniment to many meals.
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 8 large British Lion eggs
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 4 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, stoned, peeled and sliced
- 3 spring onions, shredded
- soy sauce for dipping
- Scatter the sesame seeds on a plate. Heat a little of the oil in a large frying pan. Beat the eggs with the soy sauce and sugar then pour a quarter of the egg into the pan, cook over a high heat, without stirring until the base is golden and top almost set - about 2 mins.
- Carefully lift and place cooked side down in the plate of sesame seeds. Dip until coated in seeds then lay out on a chopping board. Repeat to make 4 pancakes in the same way.
- Place a row of pepper, avocado and spring onion slices down one side of each omelette, then tightly roll up enclosing the vegetables. Use a sharp knife to cut the egg rolls into about 6-8, 3cm wide pieces then serve with soy sauce.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Pancake bubble and squeak
Try these bubble and squeak pancakes.
MOB Kitchen's leftover Boxing Day green eggs and ham
Forget about your usual festive sandwiches with our no-fuss traybake. Pile in all your favourite leftovers with some bright...