Tuna and vegetable pancakes
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 15mins
A packed pancake that makes a delicious lunch or dinner meal.
- 75g/3oz plain flour
- pinch of salt
- 2 large British Lion eggs
- 150ml/1/4pt milk
- a little oil for frying
- 300ml milk
- 25g butter and 3 tbsp plain flour
- 1 (160g) can tuna steak
- 225g left over or frozen vegetables such as peas, sweetcorn, carrots or sliced beans
- 50g grated cheddar cheese
- Place milk, butter and flour in a medium pan, bring to the boil, whisking all the time until a smooth sauce forms. Simmer for 1 min
- Drain and flake tuna steak and stir into the sauce with vegetables
- Divide between the pancakes, place on heatproof plates, sprinkle with grated cheddar cheese and pop under a hot grill until the tops are crisp and golden
See also: How to make pancakes, the step by step recipe.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
New York buttermilk pancakes
Bring a taste of the Big Apple to your plate with these tempting pancakes.
Blueberry and raspberry pancakes
Blueberry and raspberry pancakes are a tasty treat any time of the year, but especially good when British raspberries...