Tom Daley's Veggie Breakfast Burrito
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 15mins
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 1 yellow pepper, ½cm thick slices
- ¼ tsp chilli powder
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- 100g young leaf spinach
- 3 British Lion eggs
- 125g halloumi, ½cm thick slices
- 100g tomato salsa or chopped tomatoes
- Small handful fresh coriander, leaves picked
- 1/2 lime
1. Add a tsp of oil to a non-stick frying pan and sauté the sliced pepper over a medium to high heat for 1 minute, then stir through the chilli powder and cumin. Continue to cook for a further 4 minutes until charred and softened.
2. Scatter over the spinach and cook for a final minute to wilt. Set aside and cover to keep warm.
3. Beat the British Lion eggs together in a bowl and season. Return the frying pan to a medium heat with another tsp oil. Pour half the egg mix to the pan and swirl the pan to coat the base, before cooking for 2-3 minutes until set and lightly golden.
4. Remove the egg ‘tortilla’ from the pan and store on a plate. Repeat to make one more.
5. Wipe the pan with a kitchen towel and return to a medium heat, then add the cheese.
6. Allow to pan fry for 2–3 minutes until golden-brown then flip and repeat on the other side.
7. Lay out the egg ‘tortillas’ and top with the peppers & spinach, halloumi slices and spoon over the salsa or tomatoes.
8. Squeeze over a little lime and scatter with coriander leaves before tucking one side of the egg ‘tortilla’ up and rolling up to serve.
Make ahead. Cooking for a crowd or mornings are a rush? Cook your omelettes the night before, stack on a plate, cover and store in the fridge. You can even cook the peppers & spinach and store in the fridge. To reheat place the omelettes in the microwave for 1 each, and the veggies for 1 and ½ mins. Cook the halloumi fresh to avoid it being tough.
Cooks tip - Mix up your toppings try: asparagus & gruyere: garlic mushrooms & onion; mushroom; ham & goat’s cheese; spinach, feta and sun-dried tomato
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: